Today marks the two-year anniversary of co-op twin-stick shooter Circuit Breakers’ PC release – and we’re celebrating with an expansive new content update, completely free of charge to all owners of the base game. Next week, the PC version will receive new characters, maps, weapons, power-ups, challenges and even a new tower defence game mode, with the update rolling out to PS4 and Xbox One in due course.
– 4 playable characters: Piper, Joule, Adam and Chuck
– 4 weapons: Mortar, Particle Canon, Super Conductor and Plasma Phaser
– Wavebuster game-mode: Defend the Hypercore from waves of enemies, unlock new areas and set up turrets
– 6 maps exclusive to the Wavebuster game-mode
– 3 in-game power-ups to help boost your weapon, destroy robots and collect crystals
– Jukebox Mode: listen to tracks from Circuit Breakers’ rocking soundtrack
– Testing Range: Take weapons for a test drive to see which ones you prefer before heading into battle
– 50 challenges
– Dozens of log entries
Free Trial Available on Xbox One Next Week
From next week, Xbox One players will now be able to try 30 minutes of the full Circuit Breakers game for free. To redeem their trial, players should search for Circuit Breakers on their Xbox One console, or the Xbox website, and then select ‘Try for free’.
Circuit Breakers is now available for Xbox One, PS4 and PC.